If you have not tried catnip on your cat yet, you are both missing out on a lot. Most cat parents today are pampering their felines and seeking to give them the best experiences. And there is no better way to do this (give your cat a natural high), than by using catnip. Catnip in cats gives a feeling of relaxation and euphoria. It causes most cats to behave funny which can be humorous to watch.
- 1 Why Catnip Toys?
- 2 This is the 10 best catnip toys
- 2.1 1. Tacobear 5-Piece Fish Shape Cat Nip Toys
- 2.2 2. Mamachu Interactive Fish Cat Toy
- 2.3 3. Kong Dynos Plush Catnip Toy
- 2.4 4. Balai Fish Shaped Interactive Catnip Toys
- 2.5 5. Banana Shaped Catnip Toy
- 2.6 6. Yihong 10-Piece Kitten Toys
- 2.7 7. Molly’s Mice Catnip Toys
- 2.8 8. Kong Scrattles Frog Cat Toy
- 2.9 9. Yeoowww Organic Catnip Fish Toy
- 2.10 10. Catnip Toy Play Bag
- 3 Conclusion
Why Catnip Toys?
However, most cats will get tired of plain catnip after a few days as it loses its scent. But, with catnip toys, your cat will forever be interested. With the long list of catnip toy brands, it can get tricky to choose the best for your cat.
This is the 10 best catnip toys
But you do not have to worry about choosing the best catnip toys for your cats. Below is a list of some of the best catnip toys UK.
1. Tacobear 5-Piece Fish Shape Cat Nip Toys
Cats love fish – probably more than they do any other meat. Some cats even go fishing in fishbowls. Tacobear is well aware of this and presents one of the best catnip toys in the shape of fish. The catnip toys come in 5 pieces. Each piece mimics the shape of a different fish to keep your cat interested. The fishes include Grass Carp, Spanish Mackerel, Saury, Carp and Salmon.
The fish-shaped catnip toys are constructed from soft and high-end plush fabric. They are stuffed with soft pp cotton combined with catnip (organically grown). The simulation of fish on these toys is clear courtesy of the premium printing technology employed. The crystals though thick, are soft enough to double as your cat’s pillow as it sleeps.
- The fish design is attractive to most if not all cats
- The package comes with five fish pieces
- The catnip toys contain organically grown catnip
- The material is soft to chew and provide sleeping comfort
- Your cat may never play with all the toys at once.
2. Mamachu Interactive Fish Cat Toy
Mamachu is one of the best catnip toy brands available. The company understands cats and knows the buttons to press to excite them. Their understanding and prowess shine through in this catnip toy.
This interactive cat toy is shaped like a fish (not the normal fish). It is made using several materials. The fishtail is designed with quality ringing paper while the fish head sports feathers. When cats scratch the head, a rustling sound will be heard and further encourage playfulness.
Overall, the fabric used is of high quality and is tough enough to withstand constant tossing and scratching. Inside the fish-shaped catnip toy is organic catnip. Its fragrance is strong and will last for quite a long time.
- Shaped like a fish
- It is an interactive toy which encourages play
- Contains organic catnip
- The fabric is strong and tough
- May not get the desired results from kittens three months old
- The scent is not as strong compared to other catnip toys
3. Kong Dynos Plush Catnip Toy
This Kong Catnip toy brand has slowly grown to be among the best brands in the industry. The company provides assorted catnip toys to choose from. They, however, are all high quality and trigger similar reactions from cats.
This particular catnip toy is designed in the shape of a dinosaur. It is green in colour and features different textures which are intriguing to cats, entices and encourages play. Inside the catnip toy is a generous amount of high-quality catnip designed to give your cat a natural high and relaxation.
When moved around, the toy produces a crinkling sound which cats find all too exciting. To help increase its durability, the unit is constructed with 100% plush fabric on the outside and on the inside is a lining for added protection.
- Assorted toys
- Generous premium catnip
- It is strong and durable
- Varied texture and a crinkling sound that encourages play
- Some cats may not find it intriguing
4. Balai Fish Shaped Interactive Catnip Toys
Balai is yet another catnip brand that is causing major ripples in the catnip toy industry. These catnip toys are fish shaped and are designed as play toys and chew toys. A packet comes with two fish pieces of varying sizes and fish types. Different packets feature different fish types. You can choose any that meets your fancy.
The fishes are designed to be soft and cuddly. They are constructed from a plush fabric which gives them improved durability and strength. Inside they contain catnip and PP cotton. The Catnip is contained in the filler cotton and is mostly in the fins, tail and head of the fish.
The two fish measure 30cm and 20 cm. The longer fish features a zip, is detachable and can be washed. The smaller fish does not feature these qualities.
- Realistic fish shaped catnip toys
- It is durable courtesy of the plush fabric
- The 30 cm fish is washable
- The toys are too big for some cats
5. Banana Shaped Catnip Toy
This Cosmic Banana catnip toy has grown in popularity over the years. Despite being banana-shaped (cats are not exactly huge fans of bananas), it proves to be irresistible to most cats. This catnip toy has a strong scent which makes it perfect even for cats that have with time lost their sharp sense of smell.
This catnip toy from Cosmic is strong and designed to last for a long time. The curved banana shape makes it easier for cats to play with and cuddle while the bright yellow colour attracts cats. Since it mimics a banana, you could have it decorate your fake fruit bowl as well.
The catnip toy is sealed and is not refillable. This means that you do not have to worry about your cat accidentally slicing it open and spraying the catnip all over your living room.
- It is perfect for cats with a not so sharp sense of smell
- It is sealed thus preventing a mess
- It is strong
- It is yellow and attractive to cats
- It is not refillable
6. Yihong 10-Piece Kitten Toys
If you would love to get in on the fun playing with your catnip high cat, these Yihong kitten toys are the best. These are by far the best catnip toys. They are loved by most cat parents and the package comes with ten catnip toy pieces.
These toys include a cat teaser wand featuring a dangling fish, a comfortable catnip pillow, two mylar crinkle balls, a feathered mouse (interactive teaser), a fluffy mouse contained in a cage and four fluffy mice in 4 different colours. The teaser wand features a retractable fishing pole of between 0.4m and 1m. The catnip pillow is designed with polyester fibre and contains strong and high-quality catnip. The mice are designed with natural animal hair and are, as such, safe.
With these toys, you get to interact and built a strong relationship with your cat.
- Ten piece catnip toys
- The toys are interactive
- The toys are safe and durable
- Excellent value catnip toy pack
- The toys are non-refillable
7. Molly’s Mice Catnip Toys
With so many factory made catnip toys, it is great to find a product that is handmade. Molly’s Mice are one of such products. They are designed in two colours, red and green. And given the unending rivalry between cats and mice, these without a doubt get the attention of cats.
The mice are filled with 100% flower and Canadian leaf catnip. The mice are designed with 100% cotton and feature twine tail. They are approximately 5cm high and 12 cm long. It is important to note that these mice do not contain any stuffing, only natural catnip.
- The exterior cotton is soft and durable
- The mice are hand cut, and hand stitched
- Contain 100% catnip
8. Kong Scrattles Frog Cat Toy
Kong produces three different catnip toy shapes. These shapes include frog, goldfish and mouse. While they are all different and work for different cats, they are all of high quality. After all, the Kong brand is known for producing high-quality cat toys – this catnip toy product is no different.
This catnip toy is perfect for all cats of all ages (above three months). The toy is pet safe and is designed with an irresistible texture. When moved or thrown around, the toy produces a rattling sound which excites cats and stimulates continuous play. A generous amount of catnip is added to the toy for great effects.
- Premium catnip is contained
- The rattling sound excites play
- It is cheap and affordable
- It is not refillable
- Available in one size only
9. Yeoowww Organic Catnip Fish Toy
The Yeowww catnip toy brand is well known for its potent smelling cat toys. Their toys are bound to excite your cat. For its strong catnip scent, these sardine toys made our list of best catnip toys.
Each packaging contains three sardine shaped cat toys. They each measure 7.5 inches and are filled with organic catnip. Strong and durable cotton material is used to construct the catnip. The beautiful coloured patterns are made using natural soy and vegetable-based colours.
- Perfect for cat parents with multiple cats
- Small enough for all cats of varying sizes to play with
- Coloured with natural soy and vegetable-based colours
- Unfortunately, they are non-refillable
- Perfect for cats aged six months and above
10. Catnip Toy Play Bag
For some cats, simple is the best route to take. For a simple catnip toy UK, this is the best. The catnip bag is designed from strong cotton. It is full of strong catnip that cats find it hard to resist. Yes, this is simply a bag, it features no animal design and is not colourful, but it gets the job done.
The bag measures approximately 7cm x 9cm.
- Contains quality catnip
- The cotton is strong and durable
- The catnip scent is strong and durable
- It is cheap and affordable
- It is plain and bland
And there you have it, a list of some of the best catnip toys UK. While they each have some shortcoming, they will get the job done. You just have to pick one that fits your cat’s preference. If your cat loves fish or mice, the get one designed as a fish or mouse respectively.