Discovering your cat has a tick can be worrying if you’re a cat owner. Fortunately, although ticks pose a threat to your cat, they are fairly easy to get rid of. In this guide we have reviewed some of the best tick removal tools available in the UK that help make the job a little easier.
Check out our guide if you are unsure on how to remove a tick from a cat.
Best Tick Removal Tool Reviews
We’ve reviewed our favourite tick removers that are available in UK. We find there is very little difference between each of these tools, but we prefer to use the plastic tick removers (over metal ones) due to the slightly flexibility they give you whilst removing the tick.
1. O’tom Tick Twister
The O’tom Tick Twister is specially designed to remove ticks from the skin of pets and people in a safe technique using a twisting motion. With it, you can hold the tick without compressing it. The tick will not regurgitate into your cat’s body since this tool does not squeeze the tick’s abdomen.
The pack contains 2 Tick Twister hooks. Aside from saving your cat from the diseases and discomfort brought about by ticks, you also save the environment by buying this recyclable product.
- It has been tested and approved by vets
- You get two Tick Twister hooks, enabling you to remove both engorged ticks and tiny ticks (from 1/10 of a millimetre)
- Tick removal using this tool is quick and painless
- The Tick Twister does not leave the tick’s rostrum in your cat’s skin
2. Mora Pets Tick Remover
This tick removal tool helps you to remove ticks in an easy, fast, and safe manner. It is brightly-coloured and therefore, it will be easy to spot as you maneuverer it through your cats fur. Like many on this list, this tick remover pack comes with three different sized tools to help you remove different-sized ticks. With the Mora Pets Tick Remover, it is easy to remove nymph ticks, adult ticks, and embedded ticks.
- You can remove the ticks from your cat in a safe, painless manner.
- Value Pack, because you get three different size tick removers. You can effectively remove small, medium, and large-sized ticks.
- It is easy to use on a thick-furred cat.
- Lightweight and portable.
- It has bright colours and is easy to spot.
- Satisfaction guarantee. You can always return Mora Pets items for a free exchange or full refund.
3. Beaphar Tick Removal Kit
The Beaphar tick removal kit is slightly pricier than the rest, but it is useful and helps in preventing Lyme disease. This is a patented tick removal tool that is designed for removing ticks from people, cats, and dogs.
In the pack you get a Tick Away Spray and a TickBoy®. The spray freezes the ticks, making it easier for you to remove them. There will be a minimal struggle for you to keep your cat calm, and the tick will be immobilised, making its removal easier.
- Tick removal is easy and safe
- The freezing spray is non-toxic
- This tick removal kit is small and compact
- The Beaphar Tick Boy is a V-shaped hook. This design is unique, and since it exerts no pressure on the tick’s body, the tick will not regurgitate into the cat’s body.
4. Tick-Off Tick Remover
The Tick-Off Tick Remover kit comes in threes. It helps you achieve a clean and complete removal of the tick. The tick will not be squeezed, forcing irritants and fluids back into your cat’s body. It is durable, and you can have it as a handy tool for a long time.
It is recommended that you use an antiseptic wash on the tick-off before and after every use. You can use this tool to remove ticks of all sizes from your cat.
- It is highly durable and virtually indestructible
- It is a tick removal solution that is quick and painless
- It does not involve the use of chemicals
- It helps you remove the entire tick from your cat’s body
Benefits of Having a Tick Removal Tool
If you have a cat, it is best if you have a tick removal tool. Owning a tick removal tool saves you time and money going to the vet. You will also be able to relieve your cat from pain and discomfort caused by the ticks. Tick removal tools are safe to use and do not cause allergic reactions like chemical-filled sprays and creams.
Ticks pose a great danger to your cats. Therefore, you need to get it right when looking for tick removal tools. The following are some of the factors that will guide you as you buy a tick removal tool:
Vets are professionals at what they do, tick removal included. They have tested a number of tools and will be able to guide you to the best tick removal tool for your cat.
Size of the ticks
Ticks are of different sizes and types. To remove the tick correctly, you need the right tools. You will need to purchase the right size of the tool depending on the type of tick you are to remove.
The ticks should be removed safely and entirely. You should not leave its mouthparts in your cat’s skin and avoid it regurgitating into your cat’s body. The removal technique should be a turning motion and should not squeeze the tick. You can find out more in our guide here.
Use of chemicals
Some tick removal tools include a tick spray. You may decide you should use a spray to freeze the ticks. This will make your work easier. However, you have to research if it has toxins and if it may cause irritation to your cat.